Our client is holding formed from a combination of 4 companies and owned by a Private Equity House.
Purpose of the position
Manages the group’s treasury requirements, driving improvements in the group balance sheet, lowering the costs of finance, mitigating financial risks, and managing relationships with financial counterparties.
- Managing the Group’s cash holdings and requirements
- Sustaining relationships with syndicate banks in conjunction with shareholder
- Overseeing the management of local bank relationships
- Managing compliance with the terms of funding facility agreements, ensuring that all banking covenants are met and arranging required reporting to lenders
- Forecasting short and medium term cash needs ensuring that financing is adequate to meet the operational and acquisition needs of the business
- Identifying and managing foreign exchange risk.
- Controlling the treasury operations for the group - arranging cash pools where appropriate, timely debt service payments, intra group funding facilities, money market and foreign exchange transactions (all in accordance with group finance policy)
- Ensuring effective processes to manage group day-to-day liquidity position including daily, monthly, annual and long-term cash forecasts for the purpose of borrowing and short-term investment decisions.
- Developing & maintaining treasury systems to efficiently manage the above activities
- Contributing to the overall management of the Group’s cash flow, e.g. working with the Group Finance Director on working capital management
- Liaising with Business Unit finance staff in relation to cash flow, working capital and reporting matters and develop at business unit level a strong ‘cash consciousness’
- Develop and implement the Finance/Treasury Policies and Procedures to meet the group’s financing, risk management and control needs
- Develop and deliver monthly Group Treasury report
- Ensure that transactions are recorded correctly in the Treasury systems and that the information into the Group accounting system is correct. (liase with group accounting to ensure proper recording of transactions)
- Ensure that positions are reported, controlled and monitored in a timely manner in accordance with best practice
- Working closely with the Business Control and Accounting functions to ensure that, the appropriate inputs to the planning processes are made
- Involvement in the financial aspects of the acquisitions process
- Given the close link between treasury and taxation, the successful candidate may get involved in managing aspects of the tax affairs of the group including but not limited to intercompany funding efficiency and transfer pricing
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in a significant, international group, ideally with Treasury exposure
- A good understanding of accounting
- Tax exposure in a professional firm or a corporate environment would be helpful
- Recent exposure to leveraged buy-outs (ideally PE-exposure)
- Intelligent, articulate, assertive and motivated with the professional credentials to earn credibility with internal as well as external contacts
- Strong professional standards, good leadership and influencing skills and team-oriented
- A financial graduate, probably an accountant or with MBA, tax or treasury qualification
- Good IT skills – exposure to treasury and accounting systems. Competent in the use of a Treasury Management System, Microsoft Word, Power-point, Excel etc.
- Languages - Fluent English essential, German desirable, other European languages helpful
If you are interested, we look forward to receiving your detailed application - with details of the earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations - at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your contact person for this position, Mr. Rudolf Schlett, can be reached at +49 171 6943 083. Of course we will treat your contact/application as strictly confidential.
RUDOLF SCHLETT & CONSULTANTS GmbH
Bockenheimer Landstraße 17/19
60325 Frankfurt am Main
Tel. +49 69 710455 511
Fax. +49 69 710455 450